Sunday, October 30, 2005

A Blessed Man

Proverbs 31:10-12 reads...
"An excellent wife, who can find?
For her worth is far
above jewels.
The heart of her husband trusts in her,
And he will have no lack of gain.
She does him good and not evil
All the days of her life."

I have been thinking this morning about the amazing nature of the woman that I am married to. The Bible speaks wonderful words of truth when it says that the worth of an excellent wife far exceeds any precious jewel that we could own. This weekend God has reminded me that I am married to the most well-rounded woman I have ever met. Those that know me well know that I am not vulnerable with many people in my life. But I am so vulnerable with my sweetheart, and she still loves me and cares for me and serves my family. Her devotion and love simply overwhelm me.

This weekend I have seen her continue to work hard to build authentic relationships in a way that challenges most people. I have seen her sacrificially give of herself so that my oldest son could have the best 2 year old birthday I think I have ever seen. I have seen her serve me and the boys humbly and graciously. I have seen her exude the qualities of Christ that demonstrate to all that Jesus has transformed her heart. In short, I have been reminded that God worked His second most gracious event in my life (right behind salvation) in giving me a wife named Barie.

I Love Her.

2 comments:

Jacob Glidewell said...

Beautiful. I too am a truly blessed man with a lovely and amazing wife. I'm more than glad to read that you know that the Lord God has blessed you in this way. Keep on and always remember that love is a choice.

Caitie said...

(awwwww.)
I hope that my future husband can say that about me someday.