Saturday, October 08, 2005

Catalyst Day #3

After sitting through the final day of Catalyst speakers, I am thinking...

...that just as the church needs leaders, churches need leaders. In other words, there are those people inside each church that set the pace and shape the vision for the future of the church. And in the country, there are those churches that set the pace and shape the direction of other churches for the future. I know that God has called me to be a leader in the local church - I hope that the Lord gives me a team of people to work with that will help our church be a pace-setting church for other churches in America and the world.

...that I worry too much about the future because I am a control-freak, and that I need to really trust the Lord for my future and the future of the ministry He gives me. I know that God is in control, and I am learning daily what it means to have full confidence in His sovereign authority. God is full of mercy, and I thank Him that He is able to shower grace on me during all the times when I have made huge mistakes in my life and ministry. His goodness gives me peace as I seek to serve Him.

...that young passionate ministers of the gospel need to quit beating up on those who have gone before them, but rather appreciate their successes and learn from their failures. It is the height of arrogance for us who are under 30 to bag on those who are over 50 who have actually done it.

...that most churches are hurting in America because of a lack of competence and leadership from those in positions of authority. I am afraid that the 75 churches that close each week quit asking how they could improve and simply got used to doing things the way they have always done them. We must continually seek to serve God with excellence and dependence.

...that God does things we don't understand, but that He is always working around us if we will just open our eyes to see Him.

1 comment:

Darren Bravenec said...

keith rules!!!

no but for serious now
I just thought that I would share my grannies theory of why all these hurricanes and earthquakes
because God is angry.