Monday, June 12, 2006

Busy Weekend...

What fun it is to see your former students move forward in maturity in their relationship with Christ and their responsibility in the church...I had the opportunity to perform Luke & Kristen's wedding this weekend, and it was a true blessing to see how awesome God's plan is for marriage lived out through this couple. Since I have talked to so many teenagers over the years who have not followed God's will in the area of sexual purity and where reaping the whirlwind, it is so awesome to participate in a wedding where two young people have obeyed God and are reaping the blessing. It seems like God actually knows what He is talking about when He says that His best for us includes keeping sex inside the bounds of marriage. With a culture that can't seem to understand why anyone would wait for marriage or stay faithful in marriage, I am thankful that this young couple had enough faith to say that they believed God's way was best - and they were right. They are enjoying this week the fruit of their obedience - wonderful intimacy in the marriage bed. My sincere congrats to Luke & Kristen...

Also, we started our time of ministry and involvement at HCBC Pflugerville yesterday. It is hard on the family to make another transition relationally, but I am thankful that I have a wife and kids who love people and are excited about meeting more great friends. The people at PF are incredibly warm & interested in our lives. I thank God for what He has done through the ministry of HCBC Pflugerville, and we are incredibly excited about planting a church in North Round Rock. We have already met many people who have shared an interest in going with us to NRR and that has been an incredible encouragement to me. God is so faithful.

1 comment:

Brent said...

Man...everytime I read blogs when you perform weddings and talk about how cool it is to see former students walking worthy over the "long haul" I kinda live vicariously through that.

I know EXACTLY what you mean when you write it. I mean, you and Barie kinda do that for me.