Saturday, June 17, 2006

Geared up...

It's been a busy week with lots of ministry coming on strong. I'm getting prepared for three weeks in a row of preaching, and my mind is full of lots of good information. I spent a day speaking at First Houston's youth camp this week (talking about the wrath of God - which was really challenging for me to work on last week). In summary, I've been spending a lot of time these last two weeks working on sermons that are ahead. And what I have found is that as I prepare early, the messages begin to really work on my soul in different ways. Like all preachers, I've prepared sermons the day before many times, but this summer has given me a chance to finish sermons a week in advance. And what I find is that the core of the message really has time to incubate in my mind and my heart. All that to say - I'm really geared up and excited about what God is teaching me. I hope that as I continue in pastoral ministry & plant our church that I stay disciplined about working ahead on my sermons.

No comments: