Wednesday, July 12, 2006

30 Years...

I have to send out props to my parents for celebrating 30 years of marriage this week. They have spent the last several days in New Orleans, re-living their honeymoon from many years ago. Of course, New Orleans is not exactly the same that it was thirty years ago, since they have moved from horse and buggy to motorized transportation, but my parents have been able to stay at the same hotel they stayed at before. In a world when many families fall apart (I'd quote the stats to you, but it just makes me depressed), I am thankful to God to have parents who have made it this far and still love to be together. I have always learned from my parents one essential to a good marriage, and I pass it on to everyone in Keith's Corner today: laugh with each other and laugh often. My parents have been through ups and downs together like every relationship, but they continue to make each other laugh. And their joy in each other puts a smile on my face as well. Happy Anniversary, Mom & Dad.

3 comments:

Hallam Fam News said...

Congratulations Bob and Elizabeth! I'm encouraged by them too, Keith. My parents celebrated 32 years yesterday. I look forward to the day that Kade, Kamden, Kale, and Kinsey are all posting (along with their siblings) praises of their parents at 20, 30, 40, 60 years together. Thanks mom and dad Ferguson and Hallam for setting such and example.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the congrats. We are very glad that we visited New Orleans and want to encourage everyone to visit soon. They need our help and prayers more than ever. The #2 industry there is tourism, and they are really suffering since Katrina. The French Quarters and area along the area are coming back, but the rest of the city can't be described in a few words. Sad and heartbreaking are the first that come to my mind.
Thanks again for thinking about us during this special time.
Love, Mom and Dad

Barie Sue said...

I have to echo what Keith said about giving us such a wonderful example of a healthy marriage. One of the reasons we so enjoy being around ya'll is because ya'll enjoy each other so much. I am thankful to have in-laws that constantly teach me what it means to prioritize family. I am thankful that our boys have their E. and papa to look to for guidance on what a marriage is supposed to look like. I thank God often for the blessing of a close-knit family. I love ya'll and so appreciate you taking time out of your summer vacation to help Keith with the boys while I scrapbook this weekend.