Saturday, July 15, 2006

Middle East Peace...

We got a call this week from a long-time friend who has family who was visiting relatives in Lebanon when war broke out there this week. They are having a difficult time getting out of the country because Israel has bombed the major airport in Beirut and destroyed most of the major roads leaving Lebanon in an attempt to keep their captured soldiers from being taken to Syria or Iran. In my lifetime, I cannot remember a time of real peace in the Middle East. My heart breaks for those children who have grown up knowing nothing but war and destruction and terrorism. I am praying today for long-term peace in the world this morning, but believing in the total depravity of humanity as much as I do, I am especially praying for Jesus' return.

No comments: