Wednesday, August 23, 2006

We need your prayers...

...today we got a shock when our newborn Kale was sent to the ER at Children's Hospital Austin by his pediatrician for running a high fever. When we arrived downtown, the medical team at Children's Hospital took all kinds of fluids from our 10-day old son, including spinal fluid. They are always suspicious of meningitis when a newborn has a high fever, and this turned out to be the correct diagnosis for Kale. His spinal fluid was infected (the initial tests show), and now the only question is whether he has viral or bacterial meningitis. We are praying that he has the viral form (which is the easier to fight off), but the doctors are treating him for the bacterial just in case. We will get the full results from the cultures tomorrow & should know what exactly we are dealing with. Best case scenario, we will be out of here by Friday night or Saturday morning. Please pray that Kale's body will quickly heal from this serious infection in his spinal fluid and that he has no long-term damage.

9 comments:

Brent said...

Consider this PRAYED FOR. Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Terri and i are praying for all of you and expecting and anticiapting God's miraculous healing for Kale. We love all of you and know that God is in control in all of this and will be honored and glorified by this outcome. Mike & Terri

Tina Lopez said...

You guys are always on my mind, and in my prayers I will especially be praying for kale's quick recover. I know that god is with you and he is in control. Love you all, Tina Lopez

Anonymous said...

You guys are always on my mind, and in my prayers I will especially be praying for kale's quick recover. I know that god is with you and he is in control. Love you all, Tina Lopez

Anonymous said...

Keith and Barie,
Our hearts go out to you both. We are praying hard for you guys and know that God is the ultimate healer and in control. Keep staying positive!
Love,
Kyle and Court

Marni said...

I just saw this entry and have prayed for God to step in and heal Kale. I also prayed for you and Barie as I can't imagine how scary it is to deal with such a thing, especially in a newborn. Please know we will keep intervening on your behalf as we wait for God to make Kale well again. We love you all very much.

Franki said...

We have been praying for you all, God is with your tiny son and he will protect him. We started the neighborhood prayer chain, if there is anything else we can do let us know. Love you all- Haizlips

Caitie said...

my love and prayers to all,
miss you guys and I hope everything gets well soon.

Anonymous said...

You've got my prayers. sorry I didn't check the blog sooner. I pray for complete healing of baby Kale and for strength for mom and dad.
Love you guys,
Dana