Wednesday, November 01, 2006

NBA season starts

While I'm having a hard time getting excited about the Cowboys this year (though I was really impressed with Romo's opening performance) & my Rangers never seem to get their act together over the course of a long season, I have to tell you that I'm feeling good about basketball season this year. The Heat took it in the teeth last night from a young Bulls team (welcome back from the off-season, champions, with a 42 point loss). I'm already ready to call their season over - how old is Shaq now? ;)

I've got a friendly wager going with an elder at our church who loves the Spurs about the opening game tomorrow night. We've agreed to wear the other team's jersey if our team looses. With everyone back for the Mavs, Avery in the driver's seat, and the team looking good, I'm confident he'll be buying a Mavs jersey very soon. You with me?

1 comment:

Marni said...

Send your friend here cause' he's gonna need this soon to buy that Mavs jersey for you! Heck yeah they'll take the win against the Spurs. Go Mavs!!