Wednesday, November 15, 2006

New Devotional Blog & $66 Hotel

I've got some new devotional thoughts on my other site (& I've committed myself to be more diligent in posting there what God is teaching me in His Word).

Also, if you haven't checked out Hotwire (www.hotwire.com) for booking travel stuff, you are missing out. Barie and I are spending two nights away soon and we booked our hotel through Hotwire. We got a 4-star hotel for $66 a night. Not bad, huh? You can't tell what hotel you're getting when you sign up, but you can select a certain region. We wanted to be close to the Dallas area (because we're taking the kids to the grandparents), but we didn't really care about where we stayed & we got a sweet deal.

We are using our two nights away to do our "getting away to get it together" trip. Bill Wellons published a book by that title that talks about getting away every once in a while (maybe once a year) to pray and think strategically about what you're doing as a family and where you are headed. Barie and I are super excited to have some special time carved out just to talk and think about what God wants us to do with our family over the next year (and spend some romantic time together without the kids). :)

No comments: