Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Life-Change

I had the unique opportunity to lead a lady named Julie to faith in Christ this week. She came into our offices needing some marriage counseling on Tuesday morning, and I was set up to help her out. She had attended the church only a few times, but God was really moving in her life to draw her to Jesus. She was searching for meaning and purpose in her life. She said that she had grown up around church, but that it had been so long since she had been. I told her I didn't want to assume that she had heard or understood the gospel, so I took some time to walk her through the meaning of Jesus' death, burial, and resurrection. I shared the bridge illustration of how faith in Christ could connect her to God for the first time. She said she had never heard what I was sharing with her. It was amazing to watch God work on her heart as she prayed to receive Christ right there in my office. We gave her a Bible and are getting her connected to long-term discipleship. It is days like these that keep me going - seeing real life-change happen before my eyes.

2 comments:

Bret Ostendorf said...

Awesome news, Keith! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

KEITH !!
I miss you with my whole heart. you have no idea how much you and baire impacted my life I will alays remeber you and how much you teased me
I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH
<33
lindsay white