Monday, January 08, 2007

Holy Cow!

Sorry for the delay in updating my blog. This has been a brutal week. My two sermons are complete which you can check out here if you need to kill some time. ;) Also, our church just hired the new small groups and assimilation pastor to take my place so that I can focus 100% on planting this new church in Round Rock. This is a very exciting time for us! The month of January should be the month of handing off responsibilities at our sending church and picking up new responsibilities at the church plant.

God continues to bring us amazing people to join our team for the Round Rock North church plant and we are seeing God answer prayer left and right. It is really exciting to be a small part of what God is doing. We are experiencing some relational fatigue right now as we continue to start so many new relationships, but God is also giving us new friends who are encouraging us and growing deeper with Christ with us.

It was good to see all of our extended family over the holidays. We hadn't seen many of our cousins since last Christmas, so it was good to see them. I've noticed over the years that it feels like some things never change with family while life continues to move on by. Everyone is getting older, having kids, pursuing careers, making life decisions, but in many ways, we're the same small kids who used to fight over who could sit at the adult table at Christmas dinner. I pray God's best on all of our family, and I hope that my life and family can help point them more toward the Savior in some way.

I'm really jazzed to be into 2007. We have been praying and thinking about starting a church for so long, that in some ways, it is hard to believe that the year of the plant is finally here. 2006 was a year of transition, where we learned to trust in our stable God in changing seas. But 2007 will be the year we continually look back on in wonder for how God did beyond all that we could even dream. I have huge dreams for this year, and I'm excited that I serve a God who is even greater than my dreams.

2 comments:

Will and Amy said...

Hey Keith! I'm not sure if you and Barie remember me, but I met you through Brian M. (who was at Baylor at the time) via Brent...I was in Brent's youth group in Flower Mound. I was so excited to see your blog and to read about the church plant. I'm praying for you (and Barie and your handome boys).

Keith Ferguson said...

Thanks for the note & for the prayers. We definitely need them. Mallik got a job as a full-time recreation director for a Lifetime Fitness in Arizona. I haven't talk to him in a while, but I heard he's doing well. Keep checking in from time to time!