Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Prayer Retreat Recap

I was gone Monday and Tuesday to a pastors' prayer retreat that was hosted by Dan Davis' group called Pastors in Covenant. Dan has a real heart for the pastors in the city to love each other and pray for each other, knowing that none of us can complete the mission alone. I agree with His conviction that though there are many different expressions & styles, there is only one church in the city - the church of Jesus Christ.

I had a great time getting to know some other church planters & church leaders who are praying and working to move the kingdom forward in the city. I'll post some information later about the interesting leaders that I met at the prayer retreat. You all should check out their blogs and their churches. Very cool stuff.

Overall, I came away with a greater respect for the Infinite Worth and Power of our God. He is at work all over our city (and our world) in ways we cannot even imagine. My prayer throughout the weekend was a real passion for the pastors in the city to be consumed with the fame of Jesus Christ, not our own fame. God is at work drawing men, women, and children to Himself, and we have the honor of being a part of that movement. I walked away from the prayer retreat truly humbled and encouraged by the church leaders and church planters I met.

I was also reminded of the beautiful diversity that is displayed in the church of Jesus Christ in the city. May God continue to bless His church in the city of Austin.

No comments: