Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Stagecoach Inn

We had a great date night on Monday evening at the Stagecoach Inn 30 miles north of us in Salado, TX. I went ahead and got a reservation, but we really didn't need one since very few people visit Salado on Monday nights after the Christmas holidays are over. We went on a double-date with another couple from our church and had a really wonderful time. The food there is old-fashioned and good. The prices are reasonable. For one price (usually $14-20 a person), you get cornbread hushpuppies, an appetizer, a salad, a main course (I had to get the chicken-fried steak) with three vegetables, rolls, and a desert.

If you haven't visited there for dinner, you really have to go there just to enjoy the experience. We missed the shopping in Salado (I was so sad that the shops were all closed when we finished dinner ;) because we went on a week night, but the city is really a cool place to visit. I don't think I could live there for any length of time, but for only a thirty minute drive from our house, it is a ton of fun. I even got major brownie points with the wife for making surprise reservations for our date!

3 comments:

Serendipitous Soapbox said...

Surprise reservations always carry a WAF (Wife Approval Factor) of 10...

Kyle said...

Keith...I am glad you learned from past mistakes and avoided the $45 duck entree and subsequent trip to McDonalds.

Keith Ferguson said...

Trust me - we told that story during our trip. It will be always be impossible to forget that hilarious night.