Saturday, May 26, 2007

Back from Vacation

Sorry for the blogging down-time, but I went with my family over the last week to Bandera, TX, northwest of San Antonio, for a week of vacation. We had a great time. We spent last Sunday at Sea World in San Antonio, and the boys absolutely loved seeing Shamu and all the other water animals. Sea World must really be the most kid-friendly amusement park on the planet - the boys had a blast. I'm sure Barie will have new pictures up on her blog soon for everyone to see. It was a great time.

While I was on vacation, I had the chance to get caught up on some much-needed sleep, spend lots of time with my awesome wife and boys, and read a really captivating read - A Long Way Gone, the child-soldier book by Ishmael Beah of his life growing up in Sierra Leonne. Wow - I'll blog more about this book later, but it's enough to say that we have got to find a way to be more involved in international justice issues - more on that in a later blog as well.

For now, I'm glad to be back and ready for a full summer as we get ready to launch this new church in only 106 days - wow!

No comments: