Thursday, January 24, 2008

Day 24/90: Leviticus 24-27, Psalms 97-102, Luke 22-24

Too tired tonight to write much. A few notes:
  • After completing Leviticus tonight, I am challenged by the justice of God's character (revealed in His law) and His grace (see the chapter on the Year of Jubilee). Check out these words on treating the poor with dignity:
    • "If one of your countrymen becomes poor and is unable to support himself among you, help him as you would an alien or a temporary resident, so he can continue to live among you. Do not take interest of any kind from him, but fear your God, so that your countryman may continue to live among you." Interesting how fear of God and treatment of the poor are connected. So much for predatory lending --
  • Thought from the Psalms tonight: I need more rejoicing, singing, and shouting in my life.
  • Thought from Luke tonight: The way of Jesus is the way of the cross, the way of suffering.

1 comment:

bryanw said...

Leviticus: Severe penalties to society for not following God's commands

Psalms: Singing is definetly Worship. I am continually impressed with the look towards future generations, not sure that I look that far ahead, great grandchildren and more...I tend to look back and current.

Luke: The criminal on the cross represents all humanity that repents. I also saw what the after life will be like...no matter how painful death might be, seeing Jesus post resurection, he had no pain/anger...it's all worth it to be in the presence of God!!!

I'm stunned that we haver read 7 books in 24 days....thanks for the challenge!!!