Monday, June 02, 2008

2 Interesting Links...

I haven't blogged in a while, some out of choice, some out of necessity. I just got back from a week of awesome vacation with my family in Canyon Lake, northwest of San Antonio. We had a wonderful time down there - the resort we stayed at was great and the water was awesome. It was a much-needed time of relaxation and rest - amazing how hard it is for me to shut down my church-brain for a whole week. I need to work on that discipline more...

A couple of interesting links to pass on to you this evening:

1) I came across this article in the WSJ after I returned from vacation and tore me up emotionally - just the idea that this is how our culture treated those with mental handicaps even 50 years ago. Check out this article and read the whole thing. Wow.

2) I just saw this article today in the Dallas News about the Rangers' stud player Josh Hamilton and how his wife's faithful prayers and testimony brought him back from the brink of addictive destruction and led him to faith. Another reminder that God is still changing lives every day.


No comments: