Saturday, March 21, 2009

Spring Training Day #3

Another great day at Spring Training.

The Rangers won 11-5, showing off more batting power and another good pitching start from Harrison. The game today was Tucson, so we had to drive 2 hours each way. But it was good talk time in the car with dad, and it was great to see another stadium and another team, the Colorado Rockies.

We got back tonight around 8:00pm, and I decided to go work out and go for a swim. After the swim, I jumped in the hot-tub to relax my muscles. Not long after, two young college-aged guys came and sat down with me. We started a conversation about family, home, and life in general. Eventually, we started talking about spiritual things and I was able to share my testimony with them. They both come from a Lutheran background in Wisconsin, but don't have a personal faith in Jesus. I was excited to talk to them about the gospel of grace, that God forgives us and accepts us in Jesus and changes us from the inside out.

God was so good to send me tonight to talk with Dave and his friend Dan about the gospel. Pray that God would open their eyes to their need for a personal faith in Jesus.

Flying out early tomorrow - what a trip.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I'm so glad that you and Dad were able to take this "special" trip. The trip he took with Papa has always been a "sweet" memory for him as I know this trip will be, too. Glad you both enjoyed it and things went so well!!! Love, Mom