Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Rangers Win & Other Random Thoughts

The Texas Rangers won their season-opener 9-1 yesterday as they hit all over Cliff Lee, the Indians' stud pitcher, and got a great pitching performance from Kevin Millwood. I heard a commentator say last night on ESPN that the Rangers look like they are having fun on the field together as a team. I would second that thought after seeing them at Spring-Training. They are having fun, and they may just end up surprising everyone this year!

I have found a new podcast that I listen to regularly and really enjoy. It is a weekly radio program (sent out as a podcast) called Unbelievable. The program is hosted in England and is built around the idea that getting Christians and non-Christians together to talk is helpful to both. I thoroughly agree. Each Saturday, the host, Justin Brierley asks questions to two scholars/pastors/authors about the topic for that day. The program is awesome, especially if you like apologetics. I would highly recommend it to you.

This Sunday is Easter, and we are celebrating the resurrection of Jesus by starting a new series called, Leap of Doubt. Our team has developed a great website with previews of the sermon series, which will also serve as the place where we host the sermon videos after the series is over.

I think I have another sinus infection that really got going on Sunday afternoon. I'm leaving now to go see my ENT to see what he thinks. I may be a little jumpy after my hospital stay last October, but I want to make sure I don't let something go on untreated if it needs to be treated.

Later...




1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I'm so glad to hear that you are going to see the ENT...keep us posted.
Go Rangers! Dad was very excited, too.
See you soon.
Love, Mom