Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Gifted Hands

Barie and I watched a great movie last weekend called Gifted Hands, the Ben Carson story. Ben grew up from humble origins to be a director of pediatric neurosurgery at John Hopkins University. His story is quite incredible and well told in this movie. Cuba Gooding, Jr. plays the adult Dr. Carson, though much of the story is about his childhood and the influence of his mother in shaping his hunger to learn and his Christian faith. Check out this promo video...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had an opportunity the hear Dr. Carson speak at my brother-n-laws LSU graduation commencement. He was speaking to graduating M.D’s and his message was so personal and told them straight up that it was not about the name, the title or the prestige, but about the relationships and compassion for people. I could have listen to him speak for hours! I can’t wait to check out the movie.
M