Sunday, November 08, 2009

Sunday Night Thoughts -

I'm sitting here watching the end of the Cowboy game (good to see them win a big one) while my wife and kids are sleeping peacefully. It has been a great day today.

We've continued to preach through the gospel of Mark this morning at church - we finished chapter 12. I've enjoyed preaching through a long book - it has been one of the more challenging things I've done since we started the church two years ago. Nick is preaching next Sunday through chapter 13 (the prophetic teachings of Jesus) while Barie and I are in San Antonio for a much-needed weekend away. We're running the Rock'n'Roll half-marathon next Sunday morning, then spending two days working on our marriage and our parenting. We always love our times away together, and this year is no different.

Then, after we get back, we've only got a few weeks left until we're done with the gospel of Mark. I'm working now on summarizing what I have learned after preaching through the whole book - would love to hear from you about what you've learned. We're already working on the preaching calendar for 2010 and it looks very different - I can't wait to roll it out in December.

This afternoon I was able to rest for about an hour, which was great after working late last night and early this morning on my sermon - it took a while to figure out how to get The Office clip I needed :). Then, tonight, we gathered with two neighborhood families for dinner - what a blast. We really love these two families and enjoyed our time at dinner. After three years in our house, we love the community that we've been able to build with our neighbors. It is sad that some are already moving, but others are moving in. I thank God for our awesome neighbors.

Well - that's all I've got tonight. Get some sleep...

No comments: