Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Nativity Story

As parents, we are always trying to think of ways to make the Christmas story more real to our kids than the presents they open on Christmas morning. We read them the Christmas story from their kids-Bibles, but the cartoon images make the story seem somewhat unreal. Barie and I share why we are thankful for the coming of Jesus, but that seems somewhat subjective. We also have acted out the Christmas story with all the kids this year - which they really enjoyed. But the acting-out of the story involves more laughter than anything else - we are a goofy group. So, I was really excited to show our kids The Nativity Story movie last night, if for no other reason just to make the story come to life with real people with real emotions with real families. I had never seen the movie, so I was pleasantly surprised by how it well it grabbed the attention of our kids. They asked all kinds of questions throughout the movie - "who is that?" - "why did she do that?" and more. I was really excited by how well the movie brought us into the lives of these characters and made the story so much more real for my whole family. I highly recommend that you take the time to see it!

No comments: